Sunday, December 21, 2008

Truth will out

For someone who is overwhelmingly a non-watcher of TV, it's surprising how ads (that run during the news) will catch my attention sometimes. Before advertisers start rubbing their hands in glee, however, I hasten to point out that their efforts pique my interest for reasons far removed from what the creators intend. Case in point: the Lotto Super 7 ads lately - one with a woman on a massage table, and another with a man and a bunch of vehicles. Have you noticed that there is no one around these people other than paid flunkies? Not a soul. They have all the toys, but no real relationships. And this is supposed to make me want to buy lottery tickets? Yech.

Nice to see some truth in advertising for a change.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

My relationships are about as real as they can get, and I gotta say, I'm about dying for a relationship with a massage table right now, real or not!

Unknown said...

By the way - the cordial you sent - glug-glug-glug *smack!*